the pie factory History special offers Location menus beverages Home page History Location menus beverages souvenirs Home page History Location menus beverages Home page
the history of mad orourkes pie factory

The Pie Factory

This site was built in 1923 but has always been an inn. Previous to that it was a coaching inn dating back before records started.

The site was originally called The Doughty Arms and was famous for years. It had a famous boxing club, but we're not sure if the Tipton Slasher/William Perry ever boxed here. The Little Pub Co. bought this site in 1987 and renamed it "Mad O'Rourkes Pie Factory".

Later on some famous comedians performed at The Pie Factory, namely Frank Skinner and Victoria Wood. Colm O'Rourke, who owned The Little Pub Co. sold the company in 1999 to Ushers of Trowbridge who spectacularly ruined the company. Colm & Sheena O'Rourke then retired to Cornwall and on August 1st 2000 Peter Towler, who had worked for colm for many years, bought the Pie Factory in Tipton.

The Towler family still own the company and have built the business back to what we think Colm & Sheena would be happy with.

The Pie Factory
Hurst Lane
Tipton
DY4 9AB

Telephone: 0121 557 1402

Owner: Sue Towler



The Pie Factory

View Larger Map

home page bottom
Location  |  Accommodation  |  Menus  |  History  |  Beverages    |  What's On  |  OOVAVOO Computer Services


History Location menus beverages souvenirs Home page